The Business Transformation Impact.
- Collective Intelligence Analytics. Explore what data is available on the Web that could be analyzed to the advantage of your business. This includes sentiment analysis for your company and its products from social web sites, as well as competitive pricing, and future demand analysis.
- Recommendation Engines. Like Amazon or Netflix recommendation engines, your company could more effectively execute cross-selling, up-selling, or targeted promotions based on specific machine learning customer associations. This involves linking your current CRM system with available industry data, yielding behavior patterns based on demographics and explicit and implicit preferences.
- Information filters/hunters. This includes the more traditional spam-filters, but will also lead to modern automatic information topic detectors, and automated news and reports summarizers.
- Correlation Analytics. Not all applications need to be customer-facing. Data mining based on pattern matching and other ML regression techniques can be applied to examine operational failure logs against prior symptoms. This type of approach can also aid in quality control in manufacturing.
- Shopping/Search Avatars. You will be able to unleash your electronic avatar to continuously search and shop for the best deals or information items. The avatar will know enough about your preferences and cost constraints to alert you to opportunities and even act on your behalf.
- Security. Recent security breach incidents have raised the need for additional levels of security. Facial and voice recognition systems are bound to benefit greatly from ML advances.